Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Three Moons Ch1. Mother's Eyes

I never really fit into the crowds. I had traveled to many places around the world and no matter what country I visit, people still stare at my eyes. I've been to the U.S, Britain, Africa, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Japan, and France. It wasn't too surprising though; I don't think there is anyone else on Earth was born with a golden eye. My right eye shines reflecting light like the precious metal while my left eye is the brown color I inherited from my half Chinese half Japanese father. Ironically, my name is Silver, even though I have a golden eye. When I asked my father why my name is Silver, he told me that it was my mother who chose the name. Both of them are gone now. My mother died shortly after childbirth, and my father passed away almost one year ago from a hit and run accident. I never knew much about my mother. I only knew that she had a pair of golden eyes, crimson red hair, and was a very beautiful woman.

Besides the color of my left eye, I also inherited the shape of both eyes from my father, my nose, my height (5' 10"), and my hair. Not all of my features, however, were Asian. My skin color is a healthy tan, darker than the typical Asian skin color. Of course I have some features that have nothing to do with race. To my chagrin, I don't seem to have the ability to grow facial hair which allowed some of my friends to laugh at me, asking if I was a woman in disguise. It doesn't help that my eye lashes are slightly longer than the norm, and that I prefer to have long hair. My nose is well positioned and is connected well to the area between my eyes. Overall, I would consider myself good looking and would attract stares even if both of my eyes were brown. Well, besides my appearance there is also two things very special about me. I can speak any language without ever hearing it before... and even more strange, I can speak a language someone has never heard before and they would understand. I mean I can go to France and speak Chinese and they would all inexplicably understand me (but they still can't speak Chinese).

I was actually going to celebrate my twentieth birthday today, but I'm in a strange situation today. Earlier, I saw a bright white light shaped like the portals I see in video games and touched it out of curiosity. I don't remember anything that happened after that, but I just found myself waking up in a strange house. After I left the it, I quickly found out I was in a land. It is night time here, and  I can see three moons! I quickly realized that all three of them are in their waning crescent phase, but I suppose that was not what I should have been focusing on. 

"He has awoken!", said a woman who spotted me leaving the house in a language I have never heard of before.

Shortly after, I find myself in the present sitting in a room with eight other people. Each of them are wearing robes made of a fabric I have never seen before. Their robes are extraordinarily beautiful, each woven with beautiful designs and a great many different colors of inks. Besides their attires, their appearance is different than any of those I've met. Their eyes are a color I've only seen when looking in the mirror and their hair was the color of roses. I quickly realize that this is where my mother came from. Perhaps I am a half Alien considering that Earth definitely does not have three moons.


No comments:

Post a Comment