Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Moonlit Stranger Ch. 1


I met Ahereal almost five years ago while leaving going home from my friend's house. It was very late, or should I say very early. I was heading home at two AM accompanied by nothing but by my multiple shadows made by the different street lights. Everywhere I looked I saw lowered shutters covering shop windows and windows blocked by curtains. Occasionally I would see a person or two, or a group of teenagers hanging out smoking and laughing. I decided to take a shortcut home through the alleyway. 

And it was there that I met one of the most disgusting excuses of a human I've ever met. Perhaps it was the revealing red one piece that I had on for my birthday, or perhaps he would have done it to any girl who walked through that alleyway alone. He was lying on a bunch of crates seemingly asleep. I would have assumed he was just another bum, but he was wearing a suit. I don't think bums wear suits. I tried to walk past him, when he stuck his hand out and held me by my right arm. I jumped and screamed, startled, but he did not let go of me. 

"How much for ya, eh?", he smiled to show his two rows of teeth. The front two teeth on the top row were made of gold.. but the other teeth weren't too far off in color. 

I tried to yank my arm free, but somehow this bum in a suit is much stronger than how he looks. I shouted at him "let go of me", to no avail.

Completely ignoring my words, he pulls me to him and I fell onto him him off-balance. "Come on, how much are ya?", he asks while licking my neck. I can smell the alcohol in his breath. He was sitting upright now and 

Needless to say, I was kicking and screaming by now. But I could not pull myself free of him. When he started touching my legs I closed my eyes preparing for the worst. But then, I felt him release his grip on me, allowing me to get free. My momentum threw me forward for before falling I landed on the floor. I heard a voice croak behind me. My attacker is two feet above the ground, feet flailing in the air unable to reach the ground. He was trying to pry a hand off his neck desperately. 

And that was him, Ahereal. My first impression of her was of her strength that appeared to be impossible in such a body. I couldn't make out her countenance in the dark night, but the moonlight made out his outline. She had a slim arm, one that should not have possibly held a man by the throat. With the same hand, she threw the criminal into bags of trash lying around in the alley, and then turned around to smile at me. Or at least, I felt like she was smiling at me. It was really dark.

"My name is Ahereal", my savior said while holding out a hand to me.

On the ruined bags of trash I heard an old crook laugh. "Her? You'd be safer with me girl! At least with me you'd live!", he said while giving a horrifyingly creepy laugh.

"Come on let's go, let's leave this bum", said Ahereal.

Even as we left, the sound of a disgusting human kept laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment